This section provides a short guide to importing RDF data to an existing thesaurus or concept scheme.
You may want to reuse thesauri that are more or less the same in each project, for example geographical areas. So instead of creating a new thesaurus from scratch, you can simply import an existing SKOS compatible thesaurus from another project or other sources.
How to Import Into an Existing Project's Thesaurus
In your opened PoolParty project, follow these steps:
- Expand the Project menu, expand the submenu, select RDF Project Import.
- A new dialogue window will open, offering additional settings. Choose the file in RDF format you want to import.
- In the drop down field Import Format you have the following options:
- Automatic: PoolParty will determine the actual data format of the file automatically. (Default setting, recommended.)
- Select one of the import formats provided.
- If you are using PoolParty Advanced Server or higher, the Import Assistant will be available: The check box next to Import Assistant then is active by default. Uncheck it, if you don't want to use the assistant.
The check box next to Overwrite Existing Data is unchecked by default. If you want to overwrite all data in your existing thesaurus project you have to check this check box.
You should use this option with caution.
- Click Import to upload the file.
- Depending on your PoolParty product, you then can run the Import Assistant. After all validation checks have been made the result will be displayed in the Import Assistant tab.
Concept schemes or concepts already available in the project will not be duplicated. Instead the correct broader/narrower relationships are created. Imported concepts will keep the URI/URN they have in the import file. This prevents you from duplicating concepts published already as linked data and just embeds them in a new context.
Be aware that you cannot make any changes to your project (e.g. SKOS conversions, concept linking), if you are using the Import Assistant (PoolParty Advanced Server or higher licensed) and have not finalized the import by using Store Repaired Data or cancelling it.
If you try to import data into a PoolParty project with an unfinished import present, a message will be displayed pointing to that fact.