PoolParty lets you export and import data in Excel format on all levels of the project hierarchy.
You can enrich your taxonomy using the Excel import function:
- Add concepts, top concepts and even custom schemes to your project that way.
- You can also update existing data or add labels and relations to the taxonomy. For different languages or as synonyms for instance.
- Export to Excel and edit all of the above in the Excel sheet and re-import it afterwards. Additionally you can use the exported sheets to import to other PoolParty instances and projects.
In this section you find detailed information about what to do and what to avoid in order to create compliant Excel files and import and export successfully.
Available Excel Export & Import Topics
For details refer to these topics - or watch our video.
- PoolParty Excel Import and Export - Principles and Use Cases — This section provides a few short examples on when and why you would use the Excel import or export feature to advantage.
- PoolParty Excel Export and Import - Use Cases — This section contains a short overview of PoolParty's Excel import and export use cases.
- The PoolParty Excel Format — Guideline to set up Excel sheets for importing data into PoolParty correctly.
- The PoolParty Excel Format with SKOS-XL Add-On — A short guide on how you can define SKOS-XL relations in an Excel sheet.
- Import an Excel Sheet into PoolParty — This section contains a short guide on how to import data to your project using the Excel sheet import function.
- Add Data via Excel — Learn how to add data to already existing taxonomies in PoolParty using Excel files.
- Export an Excel Sheet from PoolParty — The section contains the necessary steps you have to follow to export an Excel file.
PoolParty Academy Tutorial