Guide to creating a new user in PoolParty and defining a custom user URI.
How to Create a New User
To create a new user, follow these steps:
- Open the User Administration via the icon in the toolbar. In the Users tab all existing users are listed.
- Click the Create User link in the Users tab.
- In the following dialogue enter the desired values.
- The password has to be at least eight letters long.
- Use roles to manage access to functionalities in PoolParty.
- Via groups you can manage access to projects.
Configure a Custom User URI
As of PoolParty 5.5 each user's data has become a resource with a unique URI the system automatically provides.
You can change that URI according to your needs, as long as the format is compliant.
The default Base URL is defined via the poolparty.properties file. The User Identifier is prefilled with the defined user name.
Details on the adavantges find here: Users as Resources - User URI
Where to find the Custom User URI
In the Create User dialogue, Advanced tab, you find and define the user's complete URI as a combination of the Base URL and User Identifier field, as shown below:
You cannot edit the user URI again once the user has been created.
Example User URI
Example of a user history with URIs as identifiers.
PoolParty Academy Tutorial