This page contains the release notes for PoolParty Release 7.2. In the release notes you can find improvements and changes.
Details on how to upgrade from your present version find here: PoolParty Upgrades
The release notes contain:
The User Management functionality has seen a major improvement. Now, it is more user-friendly and simple to use. The Granted Authorizations tab information is now under the Role (1) and Groups (2) section.
In previous versions of PoolParty, User Management was more complex. Sometimes a user had to have more than one role assigned to get all the required permissions. User Management was changed to be more intuitive. A user only needs one role to get the required permissions.
The User Information table (3) had been reworked and improved. To access the main user information, click on the Users in the User Management Tree table. On the one hand, more information is being shown which is more convenient. On the other hand, it is more interactive because you can just click on each user and access the information. The interface elements are linked in such a way that it is possible to select many resources such as username and role or groups.
Project linking was extended. Before, a custom relation of a custom scheme was available if one of the following was true:
- 'Concept' as domain and range was specified or,
- neither the domain nor the range were specified.
Now, it is possible to link concepts in different projects using a custom relation which requires a custom class. The custom relation 'consists of' is shown (1) with the domain 'Cocktail' and the range 'Ingredient'.
To see the link to the other project, simply click on the concept. You can find the link in the 'consists of' relation.
Configure Display Text and Sort in Hierarchy Tree
How to Configure the Display Text in the Hierarchy Tree
The hierarchy tree has been enhanced. Now, the user can configure the text which is displayed in the Hierarchy Tree. The displayed text can include the prefLabel, custom attributes, and user defined text. To configure the displayed text, open the Label dialog (1). There are various options. Either select an attribute from the drop-down list, or press the Enter key inside the input field and start typing free text. To finish the configuration, click Apply Label.
How to Sort Concepts in The Hierarchy Tree
The ability to sort concepts is another great new feature. By default, the tree is sorted by prefLabel in the default language. The user can use the custom attributes. The sort order can be either alphabetical or numerical depending on the data type of the attribute. To customize the sort order, right click on the project and select Sorting (3). Choose prefLabel or an attribute from a custom scheme (4). Decide on the sorting direction. Click Apply Sorting.
New Key in poolparty.properties File
As of this version, the following key is mandatory in the
This key and value determine the way URIs are derived in the database and the new key added to the previous ones ensures data consistency and performance across system restarts.
- Integration of suggested concepts was not working as expected, in Workflow Management. This issue has been fixed.
- Narrower concepts could not be added in the PoolParty interface, and merging in certain situations presented issues. This is working again as expected.
- The interface reverted to German language display, in spite of correct settings in the language settings of project and user settings. This has been fixed.
- Concept labels in the Hierarchy Tree would display cut off at top and bottom when using more than one line to display. This also is working again as expected.
API Changes and Improvements
User Management API
- /PoolParty/api/user: return attribute changed to '
- /PoolParty/api/user/addUser: request parameter changed to '
- /PoolParty/api/user/updateUser: request parameter changed to '
These three calls have changed to make usage more appropriate to the new user role model:
- the return and the request parameter '
roles' has changed to '
- instead of an array you will now use the
roleparameter as a string.
- the returns for the '
role' attribute also are no longer arrays but a string or strings.