This section contains a short guide on how to set up an API service configuration in the Semantic Middleware Configurator.
- After you have accessed the Semantic Middleware Configurator (SMC), you find the node External Services on the left in the Hierarchy Tree.
- Expand it to find the node APIs.
- Double-click the node, the Set Up New External APIs Service dialogue will open.
- In the settings section several options are available. Fill out the fields according to the API instance's connection values. Details and an example find below.
- After you have entered the values, click Create (5) to save your changes.
- Name: enter a name of your choice for the API, recommended is a name that easily lets identify an entry in a list.
- URL: the URL the API is reachable at.
- Use Credentials: check, if you want to use credentials that differ from those of the current user.
- User Name, Password: the user name and password necessary to authenticate for the API service's access.