This section provides a short guide on how to set up a connection to a Jira instance in the Semantic Middleware Configurator.
- After you have accessed the Semantic Middleware Configurator (SMC), you find the node External Services on the left in the Hierarchy Tree.
- Expand it to find the node Jira.
- Double-click the node, the Set Up New External Service dialogue will open.
- In the settings section several options are available. Fill out the fields according to the Jira instance's connection values. Details and an example find below.
- After you have entered the values, click Create to save your changes.
- Name: enter a name of your choice for the configuration here.
- URL: the URL at which the Jira instance can be reached online.
- Project Key: Jira project key.
- Number of Log Lines: Jira log file length, default value: 200 (recommended).
- Use Credentials: activate the check box, if you want to use alternative user credentials for remote access.
- User Name - Password: enter the values for the credentials to be used.
The setup of a Jira configuration enables you to send Jira issues to the defined Jira instance right out of PoolParty, in case error messages are displayed.
Example of a Jira Configuration