Custom schemes can be interpreted as 'views' on the respective ontologies, where you can define subsets of classes, relations and attributes from one or several ontologies.
The following uses and tasks are available in PoolParty:
- Develop custom ontologies and custom schemes and export or publish them to make them available to other applications for reuse.
- Extend your taxonomy beyond the expressiveness of the SKOS schema to describe concepts more specifically.
- Use custom schemes to determine the displayed facets or search result details in a GraphSearch application.
- Use custom schemes for mapping, for example map relational data to RDF data in a transformation pipeline in UnifiedViews.
- Create GraphEditors based on custom schemes, and define and edit or create data based on that.
The following topics will guide you through PoolParty's Custom Scheme and Ontology Management:
- Create and Manage Ontologies
Import common ontologies that are already preconfigured and optimised for the usage in PoolParty or create your own ontologies.
- Create and Manage Custom Schemes
Add classes, relations and attributes from your ontologies to custom schemes and create views on your ontologies to extend your thesauri, or reuse the custom schemes in external systems.
- Import, Export & Publish Schemes and Ontologies
Import and export custom schemes and ontologies from your PoolParty server and publish them, following linked data principles.
PoolParty's Custom Scheme & Ontology Management functionality is only available for users with the role of PoolPartyAdmin.
PoolParty Academy Video