If patches or minor releases are delivered in between PoolParty major releases to provide bug-fixes, in most cases you will be provided with new webapps to replace your existing ones.
To deploy a new PoolParty webapp, follow the steps described below.
These instructions assume you are deploying a PoolParty default installation in these paths:
- GNU/Linux: /opt/poolparty
- Windows: C:/Programs/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 7.0/
Before you upgrade, make sure you have a working backup of your existing installation.
STEP 1: Undeploy the PoolParty webapp via the Tomcat Web Application Manager
STEP 2: Stop the PoolParty Server
STEP 3: Copy the New webapp to the webapps Folder
- GNU/Linux: /opt/poolparty/tomcat/webapps
- Windows: C:/Programs/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 7.0/webapps
Optional: If in addition to the webapps libraries are provided in the download area, copy them to the lib folder and remove the old versions of the same libraries.
- GNU/Linux: /opt/poolparty/tomcat/lib
- Windows: C:/Programs/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 7.0/lib
STEP 4: Start the PoolParty Server